Accident insurance working in retirement

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Here is my situation: I am legally retiring (as in claiming my pension) in Switzerland, but I will continue working part-time just to keep myself in the lap in luxury. Do I have to get special accident insurance or will I keep getting this insurance through my employer?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

As long as you remain employed more than 8 hours per week (20%), you receive accident insurance from your employers which covers you both inside and outside of your workplace.

If you are employed less than 8 hours per week, your employer's accident insurance only insures you against accidents in the workplace. In this case, you should add the accident insurance rider to your compulsory Swiss health insurance policy.

If you become self-employed, you will not be covered by occupational accident insuance and you will need to add accident insurance to your health insurance policy.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Swiss compulsory health insurance comparison
Interim accident insurance explained