American Express Platinum concierge service - does anyone have experience with this service?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• Benutzernamethetownclownsa
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/25/17
  • Beiträge88

Does anyone have experience with the American Express Platinum concierge service in Switzerland? Are concierge representatives helpful and efficient? What can the service be used for and can it save you time and money? Mostly, I am wondering whether I can delegate tasks like researching the lowest prices on stuff, phoning around for me, handling basic online research and other things I would otherwise have to do myself. Can you have them look up stuff that has nothing to do with buying anything, or find the cheapest deals on travel etc. rather than just get travel offers from their partners? If it can do what I need it to, I would get this card for the concierge service alone, so would appreciate any real life experience you could share. Thanks.

• Benutzernameparishiltonwanabe
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge5

I used the Amex platinum card in the US, and concierge service was pretty ok. Could do some of the things you mentioned. Somehow I imagine the Swiss concierge service being better because the card seems to be more prestigious here (at least the price is), but I have never gotten an Amex card in Switzerland so I cannot really say.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi thetownclownsa,

You can get a pretty good idea of the terms and conditions of the concierge service in this post:

/en/credit-card-concierge-services-comparison

However, it doesn’t provide information as to the quality of the service or experiences as to the scope of the service. Any input from actual users would be worth platinum on this forum.