Are Bitcoin Loans Easier to Get?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Hello,

I have had a difficult time getting loans from regular Swiss banks as my finances are a mess. I've seen advertisements for bitcoin loans online and am curious if getting these loans is easier than getting normal loans. I am a bit of a techie and can probably figure out how to change bitcoin to Swiss francs, so that isn't a problem.

Do you think I stand a good chance of getting a bitcoin loan?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Bitcoin lending platforms are (still) few and far between. Each platform uses its own model for determining creditworthiness. Some platforms use reputation-based scoring, in which your creditworthiness is determined by the user ratings which you receive on major commercial platforms like Ebay. It takes time and dilligent payment of debts to build this kind of reputation. Other bitcoin loan platforms use conventional models in which you are required to provide information about your income, place of residence, age, employment status, and many other factors which could influence your creditworthiness. Some platforms partner with international credit bureaus and debt collection agencies to obtain credit information.

In short, the criteria for bitcoin loan approval is not normally lower than those which you must meet in order to get conventional loans. However, because the creditworthiness models used by many bitcoin platforms differ from standard Swiss credit rating practices, there is a chance that certain positive factors which are not accounted for by Swiss lenders may be taken into account by bitcoin loan platforms.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
14 Lifestyle Hacks to Get Out of Debt Fast

• Benutzernamekarlweber
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge42

At the end of the day they are just like any other P2P loan. You still need to have good creditworthiness to get a loan, and you still need to be careful about investing in loans as with other P2P loans. Like other P2P loans, bitcoin loans are long-term investments, and a lot can happen over time. If loans are denominated by Bitcoin rather than dollars or euros, then you could gain or lose a lot of money depending on how bitcoin prices develop.