Changing my accident insurance

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

How do I change the accident insurance on my Swiss health insurance policy? Is there some procedure I need to follow?

Thanks

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Greetings,

When you become employed (at least 8 hours per week), you begin to receive accident insurance (occupational and non-occupational) through your employer. If you become unemployed you receive accident insurance from Suva if and while you receive unemployment benefits from social security. After that, you have to add accident insurance as a rider on your health insurance policy.

Because accident insurance in Switzerland is based on your employment status - which is subject to change - you have the right to cancel the accident insurance rider on your health insurance policy or add this rider at any time of year. You do not need to wait until the end of the year to make this change.

Simply inform your insurer that you want to add or remove accident insurance from your policy.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Health insurance comparison
Interim accident insurance explained
Insurance: Don't waste money on double coverage!