CornèrTrader TradersCard Experiences

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Dear sir/madame,

I use the TradersCard from CornerBank for EUR transactions. Unfortunately I didn't find this great credit card in your comparison.

This card is a prepaid credit card which is available in EUR or USD. It can be reloaded from a CornerTrader account. Reloading is done by email and is free of charge (no loading fee). The CHF - EUR conversion fee charged by CornerTrader is just 0.5% and the exchange rate used barely differs from the interbank rate.

That makes the TradersCard the cheapest card for making purchases in euros by far. There are no hidden fees or spreads apart from the 0.5% conversion fee. Please analyze this card and include it in your comparison.

Kind regards

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

While the foreign currency terms and conditions of the TradersCard are favorable, CornèrTrader only offers this card to its brokerage account customers. Non-traders are only eligible for prepaid cards from CornèrCard. These are included in the moneyland.ch credit card comparison.

Traders who are interested in using the TradersCard can compare the brokerage terms and conditions of CornèrTrader to those of other Swiss brokers using the moneyland.ch online trading platform comparison.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Swiss credit card comparison
Information about CornèrTrader

• Benutzernamethetownclownsa
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/25/17
  • Beiträge88

I find the use case from Moneyland User Questions interesting. I have the Traderscard (trying it out for the free year) but it's the Swiss franc version, so I don't get that benefit. I find the idea of being able to draw on my brokerage account interesting, but haven't actually used the card so far. It would be great if my returns were high enough to provide a steady source of funding for my expenses, but unfortunately, I'm not quite there yet.