Credit card refinancing

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Is it possible to refinance credit card debt using a cheaper loan in Switzerland? In the US, for example, it was easy to transfer a balance from one credit card to another car with a lower interest rate.

I have a large amount of credit card debt and the high interest rate makes it very expensive, so refinancing to a cheap personal loan would be a big saver. How should I go about this? Would I lose my credit card if I refinance?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

If you meet creditworthiness requirements, you can get a personal loan with a lower interest rate than your credit card and use the money to pay off your credit card debt in full.

You get to keep your credit card, but you take on a personal loan in place of your card debt. In Switzerland, interest rates for personal loans are generally lower than credit card interest rates.

More on this topic:
Personal loans comparison
Personal loans calculator
Credit card comparison