Ford Car Leasing Costs With Down Payment

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Good day,

I want to lease a demo car from a Ford garage. The car is approximately 3 months old and has 900 kms on the clock.

The price of the car is CHF 28,888.
The residual value is CHF 7500.
The down payment is CHF 12,230.
The lease term is 3 years.

How much would it cost me to lease the car and then buy it after 3 years? Would I have to pay VAT on the residual value. How high is the effective annual interest rate as a percentage?

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this. I look forward to your answer.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Good day,

The effective annual interest rate makes up the cost of the lease. It differs depending on which leasing company you use and on the garage which you obtain the leased car from. You can try to negotiate a better interest rate.

You can use the car leasing calculator on moneyland.ch to get an estimate of the costs of the lease based on the interest rate, lease term, purchase price, residual value and down payment.

Example:
Effective annual interest rate: 5%.
Lease term: 36 months.
Purchase price CHF 28,888.
Residual value CHF 7500.
Down payment CHF 12,230.

In this case, the costs of the lease, excluding the cost of purchasing the vehicle at the end of the lease term, would be around CHF 23,150. Including the eventual purchase, the total cost would be around CHF 30,650.

If, for example, the interest rate on your lease was 4%, the cost would be around CHF 30,303.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Car leasing calculator
Guide to car leasing costs