Moving to a Cheaper Custodian Bank

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Good day,

I have a question: What is the cheapest way to transfer my custody account from Credit Suisse to an online broker? Is there any way to do this without paying the horrendous fees and charges which apply when securities are transferred?

I am open to moving to any reliable broker which charges significantly lower fees. Can you please recommend a reputable broker which also accepts trading orders over the telephone?

I have been with Credit Suisse for 17 years, but in the mean time the fees have gotten so high that they are cutting into my investments. I have residence and pay taxes in Malaysia. I have a German passport.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Best regards

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

You can use the online securities broker comparison on moneyland.ch to find the most affordable custodian bank for the specific kinds of securities which you hold.

You can also sort comparison results based on the telephone services provided by brokers. Important: Most brokers charge much higher brokerage fees when you place an order by phone rather than through the online platform. The comparison compares costs based on online orders rather than telephone orders.

If you are not resident in Switzerland, then you should also consider that most Swiss banks charge special fees for non-residents in addition to regular fees. There are online brokers which do not charge non-resident fees.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Swiss online broker comparison