Pension fund contributions not passed on by my former employer

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I worked for a company for eight years and my second pillar pension fund contributions were deducted from my salary during that time. Now I found out that my employer, which went bankrupt some years ago, did not even pay my contributions in to the pension fund. In other words, I have a major hole in my retirement plan and I don’t know how to go after the stolen money.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Yours isn’t an isolated case, and failure to pay employee contributions into their pension funds does occur from time to time. The good news is that the LOB Guarantee Fund (Sicherheitsfonds BVG / Fonds de Garantie LLP), an insurance which all Swiss pension funds must subscribe to, covers contributions which are deducted from an employee’s salary but are not placed in their pension fund.