Saving account

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• Benutzernamedecocklieven
  • Ortbelgium
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit9/13/16
  • Beiträge1

Hello,

Can I open a Swiss saving account in a Swiss bank as Belgian citizen, with no contacts in Swiss.

Is a minimum of 20.000,00 € enough to start, I put it in Swiss Fr.

Which banks are available.

Do I than also benefit of the 0.80 % rent.

Kind Regards

Lieven De Cock

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Typically, Swiss banks do not accept new customers domiciled outside of Switzerland. There are exceptions to this rule. For example, many banks will accept new non-resident customers who make use of their wealth management or mortgage services. Some banks will accept non-resident account applicants on a case by case basis.

PostFinance will open regular accounts for non-residents who earn a regular income in Switzerland (a salary or pension, for example). Crédit Agricole next bank specializes in servicing customers who are resident in France, and it may be a good option to look into as a resident of Belgium as well.

Almost all Swiss banks charge non-resident fees in addition to standard account fees to customers outside of Switzerland. You can compare non-resident fees here.

Crédit Agricole next bank advertises no non-resident fees for holders of its CA EssenCiel Pack banking bundle. The bundle is free of charge when you hold 20,000 francs or more in assets at the bank.

PostFinance does not charge non-resident fees for savings accounts. BancaStato - the cantonal bank of Ticino - does not currently charge non-resident fees.

Non-resident fees can easily add 300 francs per year to your banking costs. If you are approved for an Swiss bank account, take time to consider these before you sign up.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Swiss savings account comparison