Self diagnosis app a cheap alternative?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I always use the highest health insurance deductible because I find I spend less by just paying for the small stuff myself. So I am always looking for ways to cut the cost of check ups. Recently I have heard a lot about self diagnosis apps and am wondering if these are a good alternative to visiting a doctor. Would you recommend these apps?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

A number of good quality self-diagnosis apps exist, and these can provide an interesting starting point for diagnosing minor health issues. While health insurance generally does not cover the cost of these apps, they are relatively cheap.

Using these apps is similar to using a telemedicine service, with the difference that you do not receive personalized consultation from a medical professional.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Telemedicine health insurance model explained