Sunrise customer reviews

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameCustomer Reviews
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit2/10/17
  • Beiträge492

Are you a Sunrise customer or have you used Sunrise in the past? What was your customer experience like? Would you recommend this Swiss telecoms service provider?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

The unbiased telecom comparisons on moneyland.ch make it easy to compare Sunrise mobile plans, TV plans, landline plans and bundled offers with those offered by other Swiss telecom service providers.

• Benutzernamethetownclownsa
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/25/17
  • Beiträge88

I have used Sunrise since I moved to Switzerland 7 years ago. On the whole I have found the service reliable and the value for money fair - particularly since the arrival of the 50-franc all-inclusive prepaid offer. My two complaints:

1. Bill payments. I found it odd that I couldn't simply pay my bill at the Sunrise store which I pass every day on my commute. I also didn't appreciate when they started charging me an extra 2 francs for paying my bill at the post office, which is my preferred way of paying my bills.

2. Unfair charges. I used contracts before the new prepaid offer arrived. We stay very near the German border, and because the Sunrise signal was weak, our phones would regularly connect to a German network without our knowledge. The contracts were all-inclusive for Switzerland, so we should have been paying just over 60 francs per month, but our bills were twice that high. And that is without leaving the country. Eventually I was told that I could sign up for their online platform and disable roaming entirely there, which I did. I am surprised that Sunrise did not pick up that the roaming charges were not justified. When I called to end the contracts the representative offered to cut the monthly fee for the plans by half and to sort out the roaming problem if I kept the contract. I opted to keep it on those terms, but never got the promised discount and continued to be hit with the roaming charges.

On the whole I would say Sunrise is a good service with fair prices, but they would be a lot better if they offered more bill payment options, followed through on agreements made over the phone and paid closer attention to roaming charges for customers living near the border.

My customer satisfaction rating would be 3 out of 5.