Swiss trip cancellation insurance coverage for terrorism

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I am a photographer so I normally book my trips well in advance. With the ongoing airline disasters caused by terrorism, I felt the need to go over exactly what my policy covers. I have been told by my issuer (Allianz) that they only cover the cost of trip cancellations on account of terrorism if the Swiss foreign affairs department EDA announces an official warning about a country. That is a complete joke! Egypt, for example, has not had a targeted warning in years - nor has Turkey - but plenty of disasters have occured in the meantime.

Can anyone recommend a travel insurance which - without excuses - covers cancellations when the situation in a country becomes obviously unsafe?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

It is worth noting that delays or injuries caused by terrorism are typically excluded from travel insurance coverage.

Best regards from Moneyguru