Transferring Shares Between Custody Accounts

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Is it possible to transfer shares from one custody account to another like you do with money in private accounts? Could I, for example, transfer shares from my custody account to a custody account belonging to somebody else who wants to buy my shares directly from me?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

it is not generally possible to transfer securities directly between custody accounts without the involvement of a broker. In Switzerland, custody accounts are primarily offered in combination with brokerage accounts.

It is possible to transfer securities between two custody accounts which both belong to you. However, custodial banks typically charge fees for outgoing transfers. Some also charge fees for incoming securities transfers. In some cases, banks to which are are transferring your securities may cover all or part of the transfer fees charged by the bank at which securities were previously held.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Online trading comparison
Swiss custody fees compared