Results are calculated based on issuer-specific algorithms designed by moneyland.ch in addition to these factors:
- The comparison calculates total premiums for each individual insurance policy. Monthly and annual costs are clearly shown in the cost breakdown.
- The moneyland.ch guarantee of editorial independence applies.
- Gender-based and age-based differences in premiums are accounted for. The City of Zurich is the default location used in comparisons. The premiums charged by some insurers may vary based on your place of residence, so getting a free quote is recommended.
- Premium calculations: Unless otherwise stated, deductibles and coinsurance are not factored into premiums shown.
- Discounts: Some insurance policies come with additional discounts. Examples of possible discounts include multiple-year discounts (term-based), family discounts (multiple-policy), prepayment discounts and discounts for taking out both compulsory and supplemental health insurance.
- Rounding differences may occur.
- The unbiased ratings of coverages and services are based on the scope of coverage and services, and not on the quality of service provided. A 5-star rating is the highest possible rating. The overall rating is determined based on the weighted averages of coverage and service ratings.