Accident insurance after leaving an employer

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• Benutzernamejosemarcos
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge19

Hi forum members. I will be leaving my current employer ahead of summer and will take a long break before starting with my new employer at the beginning of next year. Does the accident insurance from my current employer continue to cover me until I start my new job? How do I pay the premiums during the time I am unemployed?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Your occupational accident insurance only covers you for 30 days from the time you receive your last salary. You can take out optional interim accident insurance ahead of leaving your employer. This covers you for up to 180 days (6 months) from the time you receive your last salary, so it should work well for your situation.

Alternatively, you could ask your health insurance provider to add accident insurance to your basic health insurance policy, but that won’t extend the income-compensation you receive. You can read more about interim accident insurance here:

/en/interim-accident-insurance-comparison