Accident insurance for unemployed person in Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I became unemployed a few months ago when my company moved alot of jobs to Luxembourg, and I have been on unemployment benefits since then.

But here is my real problem: I just had a pretty serious accident while skiing and have to claim insurance. The only other time I had an accident in Switzerland I had to claim insurance through my company. Now that I am not employed I don't know how to file the accident insurance claim.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

When you receive unemployment benefits from a Swiss unemployment office, you receive accident insurance through insurance provider SUVA. This coverage is provided automatically after you successfully apply for unemployment benefits.

If you continue to be unemployed after your unemployment benefits entitlement expires, you will have to add the accident insurance rider to your Swiss compulsory health insurance policy in order to remain covered against accidents.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Interim accident insurance explained