Airbnb in Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Since my flatmates moved out I have been renting my 5 room apartment near Zurich on my own. I've been thinking about renting out the spare rooms on Airbnb. With so many students and workers looking for places near Zurich I imagine I could easily make a good profit above the rent I pay. Are there any legalalities I should know about before going intothis business?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

If you plan to sublet all or part of your rented home through Airbnb and other home sharing portals, you will need to abide by Swiss laws governing subletting. Failure to follow these rules may entitle your landlord to terminate your lease. You can get an overview of these laws in the moneyland.ch guide to subletting rental homes.

Homeowners, on the other hand, must follow municipal and cantonal laws or guidelines for home sharing.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
8 Ways to Up Your Chances of Being Approved for a Home Rental in Switzerland