Aliexpress Shopping From Switzerland User Experiences

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Hi forum,

Has anyone here bought stuff on Aliexpress from Switzerland? Was it a good experience? Did stuff arrive on time? Did products match the description? Did you have any customs hassles, etc? I am considering buying a relatively expensive item from a Chinese merchant via Aliexpress as I haven't found it anywhere else. I would appreciate any input you can offer before I go through with the purchase.

Thanks to all in advance.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Answers
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit2/22/18
  • Beiträge103

It belongs to the Chinese giant Alibaba.

The Swiss Aliexpress website was probably translated using Google. wink

In spite of that, it is popular in Switzerland because it has a wide range of cheap products.

The only problem is that many products are fakes. But that doesn't seem to stop Swiss from shopping there.

Apparently prices on invoices are deliberately undervalued in order to cut down customs duties.

• Benutzernamejameshouston135
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit12/27/18
  • Beiträge0

Hi, every thing is fine.

The only problem is the shipping delay. Unfortunately aliexpress standard shipping does no allow any tracking code and it also takes too much time to arrive. In this case, epacket is much better, little cost but affordable.

• Benutzernamethetownclownsa
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/25/17
  • Beiträge85

Have you noticed any changes since Switzerland started requiring foreign online stores to charge VAT? Has this had any effect on the cost of buying on Aliexpress from Switzerland?