Are investment funds a good retirement solution?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Are retirement investment funds a good alternative to regular pension funds? My life situation makes it difficult for me to work in the traditional pension system, so I am considering alternatives.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Investment funds bear a certain amount of risk because investments might perform well or poorly. If you plan to make use of a retirement fund, make sure you have the risk tolerance and the risk capacity to potentially lose money.

When choosing a retirement fund, it is important to consider the costs. A high total expense ratio (TER) can eat into your profits or even diminish your capital when investments perform poorly.

The moneyland.ch guide to 3a retirement funds explains some of the most important aspects to consider.

Best regards from Moneyguru

• Benutzernamejeanluc
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit6/16/20
  • Beiträge33

A combo of pillar 3a savings accounts and pillar 3a retirement funds would work well. You earn next to no return on 3a savings accounts, except for the one-off tax deduction. So you will want to invest at least enough in funds to beat inflation.