Assura Customer Satisfaction

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameCustomer Reviews
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit2/10/17
  • Beiträge492

Are you an Assura customer or have you been an Assura customer in the past? How would you rate your customer experience? Please share your opinions and experiences here.

• Benutzernamethetownclownsa
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/25/17
  • Beiträge87

I used this insurance provider for some time and it did what I needed it to do - give me the compulsory coverage for the lowest possible cost. Can't judge their service one way or the other because I never made a claim (I was with Assura, my family with CSS).

I've been in Switzerland 5 years and have never made a claim after paying around 20 grand in insurance premiums, so really, if you have to have it - why take the most expensive?

Of course if I were chronically ill I might think more about service, but as far as I know you have every right to change insurers after becoming chronically ill and other companies can't refuse you because it's compulsory. So if you get sick and don't like the service, just swop. Until then, a cheap insurance company does the job.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

You can find detailed information about Assura policies, benefits and premiums in the unbiased moneyland.ch health insurance comparison. Customer satisfaction ratings are broken down in detail on the product information pages to provide a clear overview.

Best regards from Moneyguru

• Benutzernameliko2k
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit11/18/19
  • Beiträge2

Dear Gurus,

I have a specific question about quitting the complementary assurance for my child. As new ex-pats, we have been gullible enough to be locked by Assura in a 5-year contract for useless Mondia and Complementa Extra additions to our compulsory insurance. I have quit this mess 3 years ago by transfering my insurance to my employer's plan. My wife will finish hers this year but our child has still one year to go. Recently we have received a policy for next year in which the total payment has increased. However, they have increased only because a family discounts have been removed. Furthermore, the cost of main Complementa Extra part has been reduced for next year. Now my question is: Can I quit this year because the overall cost of payment has increased or they will not allow quitting because the price augmentation occurred by removing the family discounts? 

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards, Jakub

• OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi Jakub,

According to the terms and conditions for Assura's supplementary health insurance policies, you have the right to terminate your policy when changes are made to premiums.

You can terminate the policy up to 1 day before the new premiums take effect. However, giving notice well in advance is recommended. If you are not confident that postal mail will reach the insurance company on time, consider dropping in to an Assura office to complete the process.

• Benutzernameliko2k
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit11/18/19
  • Beiträge2

Thank you very much for a prompt reply. Do you have standard forms for cancellation letters for complimentary insurance on your website? A generator perhaps?  

• OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi Jakub,

We will send you the form by email.

One point to add to the above. The terms and conditions allowing for policy termination only applies for certain to the Complementa Extra policy because its premium has changed (it is being reduced).

The terms and conditions are not clear as to whether or not you can terminate the Mondia policy based on the premium change due to loss of discounts. If the discounts are included on your policy itself, then it is likely that you can. However, if you want to terminate the policy, do submit your notice on time. If, for any reason, you cannot terminate this part of your insurance, Assura should clarify this after you submit your notice.

If you have difficulties terminating your insurance or if any questions arise, consider appealing to the health insurance ombudsman: https://www.om-kv.ch/

• Benutzernamethetownclownsa
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/25/17
  • Beiträge87

I know people complain about Assura, but my experience with it was pretty much identical to all the other insurance companies I've used for my mandatory health insurance. Maybe it would be different if I also used complementary health insurance. But for the mandatory insurance, I really haven't noticed much difference from one insurance company to another, and I've use CSS, Visana, Assura, Swica, Atupri, KPT, Krankenkasse Steffisburg, and Agrisano.