Bank account comparison

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Hello

I find the comparison services on moneyland very useful. Among other things they have helped me find the right private account. Still, I have a suggestion for an improvement to the private account comparison:

It would be ideal if you allowed users to exclude Maestro cards when comparing accounts. When you remove the cost of these cards, the costs of certain accounts dissappear entirely and most banks do not require you to get a Maestro card. In the comparison, the annual fee for a debit card is shown even when I set all debit card values to 0 in the "individual profile" fields (I don't use a Maestro card). In my case, the comparison results are not correct because the comparison includes the cost of a service which I do not use. Subtracting the maestro card's annual fee, my private account (FKB Lohnsparkonto) is actually completely free of charge, which is not shown in the comparison results.

I also found another account which is not yet included in your comparison: The BCVS online private account. This account includes the Maestro card for free.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Greetings. Thank you for your feedback.

We plan to add a feature which allows users to exclude debit cards in the near future. As soon as we have implemented this change we will let you know here.

We have included four accounts from the BCVS in the comparison, including the BCVS private account. If you select the "yes" option under "online banking only", account fees automatically adjust to match the online account.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Private account comparison

• Status Member
  • Beiträge2142

Thanks for the reply. Turns out the administrative fees do disappear when I select the "online banking only" option. However, the fee for the Maestro card (CHF 30) is still added to the BCVS online account, when the card should be free of charge.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

We have added the option "With debit card?" to our new private account comparison.

When you select the debit card checkbox, debit card fees do not appear in the comparison. Costs related to debit card cash withdrawals at out-of-network ATMs and debit card transactions abroad are also excluded when you select this option.

The costs of non-debit card account transactions are still included.

Best regards from Moneyguru

Compare private accounts now

• Status Member
  • Beiträge2142

Thank you for your fast implementation of my request. The comparison is now close to perfect and I can finally compare accounts objectively based on my criteria (costs in my case). Apparently my account will cost me 0 francs in fees every year!

Your service brings a lot of transparency to a pretty complex banking and insurance market (Switzerland) and is a boon for consumers! Keep up the good work!