Basic Swiss Health Insurance Living in Thailand

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Dear ladies and gents,

I would like to ask you for information. I am 65 years old and will be moving to Thaliand. Could I take out basic Swiss health insurance through moneyland.ch?

Thank you and kind regards

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

moneyland.ch is a comparison service and not an insurance company or broker. However, you can apply for health insurance from many insurance providers directly through the moneyland.ch comparison.

While people receiving a Swiss social security pension are normally obligated to keep their Swiss compulsory health insurance coverage when they take up residence in EU or EFTA member countries, pensioners residing in most other countries (including Thailand) are not covered by Swiss compulsory health insurance.

There are Swiss insurance providers who offer special international health insurance policies for Swiss living abroad. If you qualify for this insurance, you can receive very similar coverage to that provided by Swiss compulsory health insurance without being limited to receiving treatment in Switzerland (more on this topic here). You can find useful information about Swiss international health insurance in these articles:

1. Swiss international health insurance: How to get insured no matter where you live
2. Health insurance for Swiss living abroad

Best regards from Moneyguru