Best fixed-term deposit Switzerland?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Dear Sirs,

Could you please let me know what is the best institution based in Switzerland (though not necessarily Swiss) for performing a fixed-term deposit?

I have checked online that Credit Agricole are offering a interest rate of 1.0% (2 years deposit for a minimum of 100,000 CHF) and 1.5% (for juniors < 18 years old for a minimum of 100,000 CHF).

I would be interested in a deposit between 100,000 to 400,000 CHF.

Could you please let me know if there are other more competitive institutions?

Many thanks

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Greetings, 

The products from Crédit Agricole Suisse you mentioned are not fixed-term deposits, but savings accounts.

You can find the best savings account interest rates in the unbiased savings account comparison on moneyland.ch. The interest rates on Swiss savings accounts can change from time to time and therefore are not fixed. At the moment, the savings accounts from Crédit Agricole Suisse deliver some of the highest interest rates available.

Fixed-term deposits are available only for a defined period of time between 1 month and 12 months. Most providers don't pay any interests on fixed-term deposits at present.

Medium-term notes ("bank bonds") are available for a defined period of time between 1 year and 10 years. Like fixed-term deposits, the interest rates are fixed beforehand. The interest rates are quite low at the moment. You can compare all interest rates using the medium-term note comparison on moneyland.ch.

More on this topic:
How to invest in times of low interest rates?
Swiss savings accounts
Medium-term notes

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I would like to know if the interest rates of medium-term notes stay the same through the whole term. Is that the case?

I appreciate your feedback.

Kind regards

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

That is correct. The interest rates of medium-term notes, like those of fixed deposits, are fixed and remain the same throughout the entire fixed term.

You can compare the fixed interest rates of both fixed deposits and medium-term notes offered in Switzerland using the interactive fixed deposit and medium-term note comparison.

Best regards from Moneyguru