Boon Wirecard Apple Pay Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

How can I use the Boon app from Wirecard in Switzerland? How can I use Apple Pay? Do I need a credit card? What does it cost?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Boon is an app produced by the UK financial services provider Wirecard Card Solutions. This app is available on the Apple Store.

The idea behind Boon: You do not need to use an Apple Pay partner credit card, but can load money to Boon using any credit card.

The fees: No fees during the first 12 months and around 1 franc (99 centimes) per month after that - a total of around 12 francs per year.

Important: In addition to the basic fee, you also pay loading fees equal to 1% of the amount you load to Boon, with a minimum loading fee of 1 franc. That can add up to a siginificant extra cost.

An additional foreign transaction fee equal to 1.25% of the amount transacted applies to all transactions in foreign currencies.

Best regards from Mneyguru

More information:
Credit card comparison by moneyland.ch