Indications how Brexit may effect withdrawal of pillar 1 contributions UK nationals who have left Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• Benutzernamestella
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit12/28/18
  • Beiträge2

Will the status of UK after Brexit mean that UK nationals will no longer be restricted from applying to withdraw pillar 1 contributions?

What is likely transition for bi-lateral agreements UK / Switzerland?

• Benutzernametgraybrook
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit9/24/20
  • Beiträge1

Hi,

I can’t see the full response but I’m wondering the same. I don’t believe there’s any agreement in place yet for January 2021...

Has anybody got any advice on this yet?

Thanks

Tom

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi Tom,

Until the UK officially leaves the EU, the current social security agreement with the EU continues to apply. Switzerland and the UK have entered into a citizens' rights agreement which ensures the maintenance of current citizens' rights.

The exact rules governing withdrawals of OASI benefits for UK citizens leaving Switzerland have not yet been specifically addressed. However, an extension of the current social security agreement between Switzerland and the UK would mean that UK citizens will not be able to withdraw Swiss OASI benefits upon leaving Switzerland (as is the case with citizens of EU member countries).

Best regards from Moneyguru