Hi to all.

Situation: Before opening my AG I was able to open a capital deposits account at the Zürcher Kantonalbank. I received the confirmation and founded the AG. Now I need a business account from which I can manage transactions for programming and development costs. When opening my business account at ZKB, the representative asked me what kind of business I am founding. Because my business idea (a portal in the single portal genre) is protected by a non-disclosure agreement, I was not at liberty to shre the entire business concept. The bank representative asked me to provide a detailed description of the service, which I could not do becuase of the NDA.

My first description: A tech services company which runs an onlie portal targeting Switzerland.

ZKB answer: Not detailed enough.

My second description: A platform in the singles portal genre, non-erotic, no games of chance, no weapons sales, nothing illegal or morally objectionable.

ZKB answer: Not a chance

The explanation provided by the bank representative was that the bank's regulations prevented it from participating in the running of a singles portal. I was sent away with a simple apology.

I requested a copy of the "internal regulation" mentioned to find out what exactly was prohibited by the regulations. The representative told me that the regulations were not available to the public, so I have not been able to review the regulations as yet.

How should a startup know which banks will accept it as a customer and which banks will not? Does anyone on this forum have experience which could point me in the right direction?

I can understand that banks would want to know what kind of companies are applying for accounts and what services those companies offer, but I cannot imagine that I would have to  let each bank employee involved in on my full business plan. Certainly not when I have signed a non-disclosure agreement and am not even legally allowed to provide details.

I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. Tips and tricks are welcome because I need to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.