Car Lease - Residual Value Sudden Change

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• Benutzernamemarlon_hager88
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit6/4/21
  • Beiträge1

Good Day,

I'm about to sign a Leasing Contract with my garage. The first offer (around 20 days ago) had a residual value of 9'500. And now they suddenly change the final contract to 10'700. Is this allowed or ok? Is it possible for them to do this sudden change?

Happy for any feedback, thanks a lot

• Benutzernamejosemarcos
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge19

Until the leasing agreement is signed, both parties can withdraw or alter the contract. It only becomes binding once you have signed.

That said, it is somewhat unusual that the leasing company would alter their offer within 20 days.

But wouldn't a higher residual value be a positive for you (i.e. lower leasing payments)? How is the total cost of the lease affected?

If, for some reason, the first offer works out cheaper for you, and you have the offer as proof, then you could try insisting that they stick to the original offer.

• Benutzernamemarlon_hager88
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit6/4/21
  • Beiträge1

josemarcos wrote on June 4, 2021

Until the leasing agreement is signed, both parties can withdraw or alter the contract. It only becomes binding once you have signed.

That said, it is somewhat unusual that the leasing company would alter their offer within 20 days.

But wouldn't a higher residual value be a positive for you (i.e. lower leasing payments)? How is the total cost of the lease affected?

If, for some reason, the first offer works out cheaper for you, and you have the offer as proof, then you could try insisting that they stick to the original offer.

Hi josemarcos. Thank you very much for you reply. The monthly leasing rate is still the same. I actually have a contract signed at a monthly leasing rate of 366.20. And the Restwert (Residual Value is at 9500). But then the garage sent another contract to sign (The Final Offerte) and everything is the same, Monthly 366.20 except for the Restwert at 10'700.