Changing Swiss health insurance model

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I want to switch from the family doctor model to the HMO model of health insurance policy. Can I switch between insurance models any time or do I have to wait till the end of the year?

Kind regards

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Greetings,

If your compulsory health insurance policy uses the "standard" model and the lowest possible deductible (300 Swiss francs), you have the right to convert your policy to another insurance model (family doctor, HMO, telmed, pharmacy) anytime. The change should apply from the beginning of the following month.

Many Swiss insurance companies allow you to switch to a different model if that model is available for your policy. A good first step is to contact your insurance provider and ask them if it is possible to change to another insurance model.

The health insurance comparison on moneyland.ch lets you filter policies based on the model they use so you can find out if other versions of your policy are available and what they cost.

Best regards from Moneyguru