Child pension Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I am in the process of retiring and claiming my Swiss pension. Having started a family late in life, I still have 2 of my children living with me. Can I get some form of subsidies for my children on top of the normal child benefits?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Yes. As a pensioner with dependent children who are younger than 18 years old – or 25 years old if they are completing an education – you can claim a child’s pension of at least 470 francs per month. The maximum child’s pension you can receive is 940 francs per month. The amount you receive depends on how much you contributed to the social security scheme over your working life.

If both you and your spouse have reached retirement age, you can claim a child’s pension equal to as much as 60% of your combined old-age pensions – up to a maximum of 1410 francs per month.