Credit card trip cancellation insurance

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

To whom it may concern,

I'm the owner of the St. Kantonalbank credit card and I have recently faced an unpleasant situation with TGV.

I have booked round train ticket to Paris (TGV) and was supposed to travel there 2 weeks ago, and of course I also booked a hotel with no cancellation.

As my train was cancelled, I could not get my money back from the hotel. Therefore, I'm reaching out to you with the question whether this cost can be covered as insurance by credit card?

Best regards,

• BenutzernameMoneyguru de moneyland.ch
  • OrtSuisse
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit11/17/17
  • Beiträge215

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

moneyland.ch ist not a credit card company, but an independent online comparison website (with a credit card comparison tool).

If you want to be sure, you have to contact the credit card issuer, which is in your case Viseca.

Viseca credit cards have an included trip cancellation insurance.

Nevertheless, you have to study he fine-print to be sure if costs are covered or not. Coverage is depending on many factors (for example, you have to have paid for the trip with your credit card etc.)

More information:
Credit cards