Deadline for applying for new compulsory Swiss health insurance

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

From reading your content, I understand that the deadline for giving notice to terminate a compulsory health insurance policy in Switzerland is the end of November every year. Is this also the deadline for sending applications for a new compulsory health insurance policy?

I gave notice on my health insurance as it was expensive and I've realised that I don't need a low deductible. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to apply for a new policy yet, and the deadline is almost upon me.

Will I still be able to get health insurance for the coming year? Will I be penalized or fined if I cannot?

Thanks

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

You can apply for a new compulsory health insurance policy up until the end of December. The important thing is that you give notice of termination to your current health insurance provider by the end of November.

You can use the unbiased compulsory health insurance comparison on moneyland.ch to find the most affordable health insurance policy which matches your needs and to request application forms.

Best regards from Moneyguru