Do I have to make new claims when I change health insurance

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Do claims carry over to a new insurance provider when you change insurers? I suffer from a number of health issues for which I am recieving treatment. I've sorted out coverage for my various treatments with my health insurance and things have worked well so far. I want to change to a cheaper health insurance at the end of the year, but I am worried that I will have to make all the claims again from scratch. Is this the case?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Confirmations of coverage (for a specific therapy or treatment, for example) which you received from your last insurer do not automatically apply to your new insurer. Make sure to find out whether your prospective new insurer will give you the same benefits or let you apply for them before you make the switch.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Compulsory health insurance comparison
Supplementary health insurance comparison
Hospital insurance comparison