Does my health insurance deductible apply to my accident insurance as well?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I had a pretty serious accident and am wondering how much of the medical expenses I need to pay myself. I am not employed but when I was employed I did not pay any deductible for accident insurance claims. Is this the case with the accident insurance I get with my health insurance policy as well? Or does the health insurance deductible (CHF 2500 in my case) apply to accident insurance too?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

When you get accident insurance as a rider on your compulsory health insurance policy, the deductible used for your health insurance policy applies to both health insurance and accident insurance.

If you have an annual health insurance deductible of CHF 2500, that deductible is applied to all health insurance and accident insurance claims.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Health insurance comparison
Guide to interim accident insurance