Does Swiss legal protection insurance cover me outside of Switzerland?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Does Swiss legal protection insurance cover me outside of Switzerland as well? An issue came up connected to a holiday home I rent out in Spain and I need to know if my insurance covers the costs of legal battles in Spain. I have a Generali Fortuna Basic legal insurance.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Whether or not coverage extends to legal expenses incurred outside of Switzerland depends on the terms and conditions of each individual policy. For example, the Generali Fortuna Basic only covers legal expenses incurred in Switzerland, while the more expensive Generali Fortuna Top also covers the cost of legal expenses incurred outside of Switzerland.

You can clearly see which geographic regions are covered by your legal expenses insurance on the "Info" pages of each individual insurance policy listed in the legal expenses insurance comparison.

Best regards from Moneyguru