Has anybody else had less than satisfactory experiences fyling Emirates? I recently booked a major return trip with my entire family on Emirates, as I had flown with them in my younger years and enjoyed the experience at the time. Instead of the high quality service which I had received in the past I had one cancelled flight (with no compensation for out-of-pocket costs like food, etc.), one flight delay and luggage delays both ways.

Due to the cancellation we were placed on non-family-friendly seats on an alternative flight the following day. Rather than forwarding my delayed luggage they expected me to collect it at the airport at my inconvenience, and they disposed of a piece of luggage because I was unable to collect it within a given deadline. My attempts to voice my dissatisfaction as a customer were met with indifference by their staff and zero compensation for financial losses incurred as a result of their mishaps (about 400 Swiss francs). All in all, a thoroughly dissapointing experience. Is this customer experience the new norm at Emirates, or was this a freak case? Any experiences from fellow Emirates customers are welcome.