Final invoice for rental home

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

When I moved out of my apartment, the lady from the property management company said that they will send me a final invoice in about a month. What is a final invoice? I paid my rent in advance, so I can't imagine what they might bill me for. Any ideas?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

When you move out of a rental home in Switzerland, your landlord or their representatives generally inspect the property for damages or other issues. These damages are listed in a contract termination agreement which you sign. Some time after signing this agreement (typically 1 month), you receive a final invoice detailing the cost of repairs and any other relevant charges. If there are no damages and you have settled all payments correctly, your final invoice will reflect this.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Interactive mortgage comparison
8 Ways to Up Your Chances of Being Approved for a Home Rental in Switzerland
Subletting Your Rental Home in Switzerland: 10 Guidelines