I am taxed at source. How I declare my wealth income (shares and crypto assets)?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• Benutzernamemaria7am
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit3/11/21
  • Beiträge2

Hi. I am currently taxed at source, so my employer does the Tax Return for me.

I have small investments in shares, ETF and Bitcoin (need to declare these for wealth tax). Also dividends from shares and yield from bitcoin (these for income tax)

Should I do a simplified tax return, even if my company does the taxation at source, to declare these? Is there a minimum for not doing this?

I have tried to fill in this simplified tax return but I am not familiar with how to add the data.

I am afraid that if I hire an accountant, will cost me way more than my gains.

Thank you.

• Benutzernameantonio
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge39

If you are a foreigner taxed at source, you only need to worry about wealth tax if you have a lot of wealth. Wealth up to a certain threshhold is exempt/account for in tax at source.

The threshhold is different from one canton to another, but generally you do not need to take any action unless you have at least 150,000 (Bern) or 200,000 (Zurich) of wealth.

If you have that much wealth (or more), you need to ask your tax office for wealth tax return forms. fill them out and submit them.

Private investors don't pay capital gains tax on securities investments. Bitcoin falls into this category too.

• Benutzernamemaria7am
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit3/11/21
  • Beiträge2

Thanks a lot for your reply!

My residence is in canton de Vaud and my wealth is lower that those figures.

Even though I thought that I needed to declare crypto as part of my wealth, specially if I get some APY.

Thank you.