Insurance for parties

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I love to throw parties and my parties are generally open to all, so I get people I don't know as well. So far it's been great, but at the last party something fell from the balcony and hit a guests car. They took it in stride, but it did get me worried about the possible consequences of future parties. Does my Swiss liability and household insurance cover everyone as long as they are in my apartment?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Greetings,

Your personal liability insurance only covers you and your household (resident spouses, registered partners, unemployed children). It does not cover guests. Your guests are liable for any injuries which they inflict on third-parties or their property.

A number of Swiss insurance providers offer special event insurance. This insurance covers injuries to guests and their property, and may also cover damage to venues and recreational facilities (rented tents or gazebos, for example). If you frequently host parties involving a lot of people (and strangers in particular), you may want to look into covering your events with this insurance.

Best results from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Swiss personal liability comparison