Is accident insurance mandatory in Switzerland?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Is accident insurance mandatory in Switzerland? Am I required to get accident insurance from my health insurance provider if I do not get it through my employer?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

All residents of Switzerland are required to take out accident insurance coverage. Employed individuals generally receive accident insurance through their employer. Individuals who are not covered by employment-based accident insurance are required to take out accident insurance coverage from a health insurance provider. This coverage can be added to your compulsory health insurance policy.

The compulsory health insurance comparison on moneyland.ch lets you choose whether or not you need accident insurance coverage. If you do not receive accident insurance through an employer, you can select "Without" under "Accident insurance coverage" to compare premiums.

Best regards from Moneyguru