Is There Any Way to Pay Cash For Online Shopping?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to pay for my online purchases using cash money. I avoid credit cards like the plague. I have used a prepaid card, but the loading fees are getting to me. I burned my fingers on Paypal some years ago (my account was hacked and my money stolen), and have avoided all such services since then.

Is there a service in Switzerland which lets me pay for online purchases in cash (akin to the Barzahlen service in Germany)?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

bob money, a financial service subsidiary of retail giant Valora, provides a solution similar to Barzahlen called bob pay. Like Barzahlen, bob pay can be selected as a payment method at the online checkout. You then receive a QR code which you can present at Valora retail outlets such as K kiosks and Avec convenience stores. The QR code is scanned at the till and you can pay the corresponding amount of money in cash. The online merchant receives a confirmation from bob money and can then post your order knowing that the payment has been made.

This solution is convenient for consumers who shop online but prefer to pay for purchases in cash. Valora retail outlets can be found in hundreds of locations across Switzerland. However, the service is still new and cannot yet be used at all Swiss online stores.

Best regards from Moneyguru

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Update: Barzahlen now provides services in Switzerland. Payments can be settled at SBB offices and ticket vending machines.