Legal expenses insurance and lawsuits

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• Benutzernamefatih
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge6

Does Swiss legal expenses insurance also cover the cost of law suits which I file? For example, if I take legal action against a person or entity, can I send the lawyer’s bills and court charges to my insurance? Or does this insurance only cover the costs if other people file lawsuits against me?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

The coverage offered by legal insurance policies varies from policy to policy. Typically, lawsuits which you file are also covered when the hazard is covered by your insurance policy. You can compare the coverage provided by different policies using the moneyland.ch legal protection insurance comparison tool.

Most policies come with a lot of terms and conditions regulating the type of law suits covered, and you should read the fine print of each insurance policy before signing up.