Looking for a Good Debt Collection Service in Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Hello,

Some years ago I obtained a certificate of loss after claiming on an unpaid debt owed to me.

Because I am no longer in contact with the woman who owes me the money and have no idea where she lives, I want to find a way to locate her and demand repayment of the debt.

Can you please provide clear information on how to go abou this. A referal to a competent debt collection service with a strong history of successful debt collection would be even better.

I look forward to your prompt reply.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

If you have not already done it, a good first step would be to contact your local debt collection office, explain your situation and ask for information. Many municipalities have their own debt collection office. You can find your local office using the search available here:

https://www.e-service.admin.ch/eschkg/app/wizard/navigate.do;jsessionid=28592c1c9b607bc4f0df74f2fba7

Major debt collection companies operating in Switzerland include Intrum Iustitia, Credita, Alphapay, Creditreform and others. Unfortunately, we cannot make any recommendations as to which is the most effective and charges the lowest commissions. Consider requesting non-binding quotes from several debt collection firms so that you can compare offers.

Important: The success-rate for the collection of debts for which loss certificates have been obtained is generally low. It is estimated that only 10% of such debts are collected successfully.

Debt collection firms typically earn commissions on a success-based basis. If a firm is able to collect the debt, it may take up to half of the amount collected as its commission.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Debt collection registers explained