My Health Insurance Lost My Bill

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I recently received a medical bill of more than 1000 francs which I paid upfront. I posted the original bill to my health insurance for processing and refunding. After several weeks went by with no feedback, I called the health insurance and they told me that they never received the bill.

I don't know whether the post office or the people in the claims receival department didn't do their job right, but I am not sure what to do now in order to claim back the money.

Can you offer any suggestions?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

You should consider sending copies of receipts and using registered mail when posting claims to your health insurance provider. That way, you retain proof that you paid the bill and you have proof that the registered letter was sent and the date on which it was sent.

In your case, requesting a new invoice from the doctor or other medical services provider along with proof that the bill was paid may be the only solution. You can then make a new claim using a copy of these documents.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Health insurance comparison
Supplementary health insurance comparison