Need Information About Swiss Health Insurance

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Hi,

I am new to Zurich.

I have already taken an insurance from Swica. (As advised by a friend of mine.)

Now I came across your website and I feel that I am paying too much per month.

My details:
Year of birth: 1988
Address zip code: 8047 Zurich
No accident Insurance needed.
I currently pay - 364 CHF per month.

Questions:

1. What is the best insurance for me. It would be great if I can save some money every month.

2. Since I already have this insurance from Swica: Can I cancel it and get a new one? Or can I try to get a new (cheaper) plan from Swica? 

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

You can find all health insurance policies and premiums in the comprehensive health insurance comparison tool on moneyland.ch.

As you can see on the result page, there are cheaper options from other health insurance providers, but also cheaper health insurance plans by Swica. This is probably due to your selection of a specific health insurance model and/or a more expensive deductible.

The optimal deductible is depending on your estimated health costs in 2018. If you estimate your health costs to be high next year, you should select the CHF 300 deductible, otherwise the highest CHF 2500 deductible. (You can find more on the subject here: health insurance deductibles: Getting it right.)

You can find other important health insurance selection criteria in the following article: Best Swiss health insurance policies compared.

Regarding customer satisfaction, you can find the newest survey data on moneyland.ch (you can even sort the health insurance plans according to different customer satisfaction criteria).

If you want to switch to another provider (or health insurance plan), you can do that every year.  The insurer must receive your policy cancellation notice before the last business day in November (more information on terminating your Swiss health insurance policy).

Best regards from Moneyguru

Health insurance comparison tool