Notice periods for ending Swiss supplementary health insurance

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Can anyone tell me how to go about quitting my Swiss health insurance policies (not the obligatory insurance but supplemental policies)? What is the normal notice period? Can I only quit at the end of each year as with the obligatory insurance?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Greetings,

Notice periods vary between insurance companies and policies. Some health insurance providers require notice one month or six months before the end of the year. The majority of insurers require you to give notice before the end of September each year in order to terminate coverage.

As a policyholder, you should only terminate your current supplementary health insurance policy after you receive a guarantee of acceptance from another insurer. Unlike compulsory health insurance, which is a basic right, insurers are not obligate to provide supplementary insurance policies to all applicants.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Swiss Supplementary Health Insurance: How to Terminate Your Policy