Opening an Online Swiss Savings Account When Living in Germany

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Hello,

I would like to open a savings account in Switzerland. The problem is, when I get to the third step of the moneyland.ch savings account comparison, I am prompted to select the account I want. When I click on the bank, all I see are the details of the account (the post bank account, for example).

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Not all Swiss banks have partnered with moneyland.ch to allow users to apply directly. Because moneyland.ch is an unbiased comparison service, all products are included in comparisons - not only products from partners.

You can find detailed information about each product by clicking on its logo or on its "info" link. Products from partners are accompanied by a button which you can click on to being the application process. For non-partner products, you will have to contact the bank to being the application process.

Regarding your residence in Germany: Most banks charge customers residing outside of Switzerland high non-resident fees in addition to standard account fees. You can find more information on this topic in the moneyland.ch guide to non-resident fees.

Best regards from Moneyguru