Personal loans for self-employed people

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I live in Switzerland and am self-employed. Do I have a chance of getting a personal loan as a self-employed person?

Thanks in advance.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Most Swiss lenders do not give loans to self-employed people. But there are exceptions.

The moneyland.ch personal loans comparison lists all available loans, including loans from lenders which also lend to self-employed individuals.

Just select the "Self-employed" category under "Employment" to limit comparison results to offers that are available to self-employed people.

A steady income is required in every case. If you are founding a startup and do not have a steady income, you will not be approved for personal loans (finding investors would be more appropriate in this case).

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Personal loans comparison
Business loans comparison

• Benutzernameanderiks
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit9/22/21
  • Beiträge1

Hi,

I work as an IT contractor and has been for two years. This means that I work on fixed term contracts that are often extended. If they are not extended I easily get another new project for another client. So I have a high salary, I work hard,  but since I'm on Fixed term contracts,  I can not seem to find a company that will give me a loan for a car.

In your article (https://www.moneyland.ch/en/loan-in-switzerland-criteria) you wrote: "Some loan offers are also available to self-employed individuals, and some are accessible for employees with temporary employment contracts." But you did not mention which loan companies who can offer this.

Where can I find these loaning institutes that offers private loans/car loans/ leasing for someone working on fixed term contracts?

Kind regards

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Good day

As mentioned above, most providers don't offer loans for self-employed individuals (there is one exception at the moment which is mentioned in the loan comparison tool).

For employees with temporary employment contracts, there is no loan offer in the comparison tool at the moment.

Regarding leasing: from a financial perspective, this is normally no good solution anyway. More information on car leasing in Switzerland.

The cheapest solution is probably to simply buy a used car.

Another option could be that you buy a car subscription. You can find more information about car subscriptions here.

Best regards from Moneyguru