Postfinance issues

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Hi Moneyguru,

I have an account at Postfinance, but I find that the card is not always accepted. Can you reccommend another bank? I live in Diessenhofen.

Thanks

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Greetings,

You can compare Swiss private accounts, including the cost of debit cards, using the unbiased moneyland.ch private account comparison.

In addition to costs, it is also important that service provided match your needs. For example, the PostFinance debit card is widely accepted within Switzerland - often by merchants who do not accept Maestro or V-Pay debit cards. However, ATMs and POS terminals in the Visa Plus network - used by the Postfinance card for transactions outside of Switzerland - may be less common than Maestro or V-Pay terminals in some countries.

If Maestro or V-Pay debit cards are more widely accepted in countries which you visit, just select the "Maestro card" or "V-Pay card" filters under "Services" to limit comparison results.

Best regards from Moneyguru