Proof of insurance for Swiss traffic office

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.
  • BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I recently moved to Switzerland and when I tried registering my new car the traffic office people told me that I need proof of insurance. How do I get this?

  • BenutzernameMoneyguru von
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4017

Hi there,

You receive a proof of insurance certificate when you successfully apply for car insurance. You need to present this certificate at the traffic office before they can issue your license plates.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Swiss car insurance comparison